Greetings 問候
1.How are you?你好嗎?
2.How do you do?你好!(常用初次見面)
3.How are you doing?你好嗎?你過得如何?
4.How' s everything?一切都好嗎?
5.How's it going?進展的怎麼樣?
6.I' ve been looking forward to meeting you.我一直期待著見到你。
7.I have heard so much/a lot about you.我聽說過很多關於你。
8.Glad/Nice to meet/see you! 很高興見到你/很高興認識!
9.Fancy meeting you here! 真沒想到在這兒見到你!
10.Long time no see.好久不見。
11.You look great today.今天你氣色真好。
12.Give me a hug.給我一個擁抱。
Introduction 介紹
13.I would like to introduce myself.I'm...我想介紹一下自己。我..
14.Mary,let me introduce...瑪麗,讓我來介紹一下...
15.Allow me to introduce..請允許我介紹...
16.May I have your name?我可以叫你的名字嗎?
17.John,may I introduce Mary to you?我可以把瑪麗介紹給你嗎?
18.I d like you to meet Mary.我想讓你見見瑪麗。
19.This is my friend John.這是我的朋友。
20.CanI have your business card?能給我你的名片嗎?
21.Here is my business card.這是我的名片。
22.Melinda,this is Roger. Roger,this is Melinda.梅林達,這是羅傑。羅傑,這是梅林達。
23.Sorry I didn' t catch your name.對不起,我沒聽清你的名字。
Farewells 告別
24.See you(later).再見
25.See you soon.很快見到你。
26.See you tomorrow/next year!明天見/明年!
27.So long.那麼長。
28.Hope to see you again.希望再次見到你。
29.I am afraid that I must be leaving.恐怕我得離開了。
30.Iam sorry but I have to go now.我很抱歉,但我現在必須走了。
31.I' ve got to go now.我得走了。
32.Have a pleasant journey.有一個愉快的旅程。
33.Have a good journey,and all the best.有一個好的旅程,和所有的最好的。
34.Take care of yourself and don' t forget to keep in touch.照顧自己,別忘了保持聯繫。
35.I am looking forward to seeing you again.我期待再次見到你。
36.Remember the good times we shared! 請記住我們共同分享的美好時光!
Thanks 感謝
37.Many thanks.許多感謝。
38.I' m much obliged to you.我很感激你。
39.Thanks a lot.非常感謝。
40.Thanks ever so much.非常感謝。
41.I can never thank you enough.我永遠感激不盡。
42.Thank you for all you' ve done for me.謝謝你為我所做的一切。
43.Thanks for the trouble you have taken for me.謝謝你給我帶來的麻煩。
44.I appreciate your help.我感謝你的幫助。
45.I' m truly grateful for your help.我真的很感激你的幫助。
46.I couldn' t have done it without you.沒有你我不能做的。
47.You saved my life.你救了我的命。
48.You' re one in a million.你是萬里挑一。
Apologies 道歉
49.I m really sorry.我真的很抱歉。
50.I apologize for...我道歉...
51.Please accept my heartfelt apology.請接受我誠摯的歉意。
52.I beg your forgiveness.我乞求你的原諒。
53.I feel really bad/sorry about...我真的不好/很抱歉...
54.I' m really sorry for not keeping my promise.我真的很抱歉沒有遵守我的諾言。
55.I m not sure how to put it, but I m sorry that I have done something wrong to you.我不知道該怎麼說,但我很抱歉,我對你做了一些錯事。
56.It must have been very embarrassing to...它一定很尷尬...
57.I' II never forgive myself.我永遠不會原諒自己。
58.Will you ever forgive me?你會原諒我嗎?
59.How could I be so thoughtless?我怎麼會這麼粗心?
60.It' s all my fault.這都是我的錯。
61.I didn' t mean it.我沒有別的意思。
Invitation 邀請
62.Would you like to join..?你想加入...嗎?
63.Iwas wondering =youa Ike t9t the.. 書存出.
64.I' Il be happy if you can come to the...如果你能來的話,我會很高興的...
65.I' d like to have dinner with you next Tuesday.下個星期二我想和你一起吃晚飯。
66.I wonder if you two would like to come to..?我不知道你們是否願意來.....?
67.Let's go and have something.讓我們去有什麼。
68.We should be delighted if you could...如果你能的話,我們會很高興的...
69.Would you be free to a concert on Sunday?你星期日能有空去聽音樂會嗎?
70.What about going to..?要不我們去...?
71.Why not join...?為什麼不加入...?
72.Why don' t you come on a holiday with us?你為什麼不跟我們一起去度假呢?
Asking for Permission 請求許可
73.Is it all right if I..?如果我是我的話,那就行嗎?
74.Do you mind my doing..?你介意我做..嗎?
75.Would you mind my doing..?你介意我做..嗎?
76.Can I possibly have the book for a moment?我能借這本書一會兒嗎?
77.Do you have any objection to my doing...?你對我的表現有異議嗎?
78.Am I allowed to make a suggestion?我可以提一個建議嗎?
79. Would I be in a position to express my opinion on this?我會有一個位置來表達我的意見嗎?
80.Would it be possible for me to put off the work till a later day?我可以把工作推遲到明天嗎?
81.I wonder whether I could take it away?我想知道我是否可以把它帶走?
82.I' d like to make a phone call here,if you permit me.我想在這裡打個電話,如果你允許的話。Wishes and Congratulations 祝願和祝賀
83.Wish you every success!祝你一切成功!
84.Good luck to you.祝你好運。
85.Wishing you good luck(forever).祝你好運(永遠)。
86.Wish you peace and happiness(during the holidays).祝你平安快樂(在假期里)。
87.Let me wish you the best of everything.讓我祝願你一切都好。
88.May you succeed at whatever you try.無論你嘗試什麼都祝你成功。
89.May all your wishes come true.願你所有的願望都成真。
90.I wish you every fortune and every success.恭喜發財,心想事成。
91.May you Christmas be filled with joy and warmth!願你的耶誕充滿歡樂和溫暖!
92.Hope the holidays find you happy and healthy.希望假期找到你的快樂和健康。
93.If only I had more time,I could do it.如果我有更多的時間,我可以做它。
94.Keep my fingers crossed that I' Il win the first prize.雙手合十,希望我能的第一。
95.I' m sure you' II be happy together.我相信你會幸福的。
96.You make a great couple.你造就了一對佳偶。
97.Congratulation!I knew you' d pass it with flying colors.祝賀,我就知道你會以有意的成績通過
98.I want to congratulate you with all my heart.全心祝賀你!
99.I think no one deserves it more than you! 我認為沒有人比你更值得擁有它!
100.Please send him my congratulations.請代我向他說聲恭喜
101.What marvelous news!多好的消息!Offering or Asking for Help 提供或請求幫助
102.What can I do for you?我能為你做什麼?
103.Is there anything I can do for you?有什麼我能為你做的嗎?
104.Let me help youwith...讓我來幫你..
105.Let me give you a hand.讓我幫你一把
106.Don' t worry.I' Il do it for you.別擔心。我會為你做的。
107.Why don' t you use my..?你為什麼不使用我的...?
108.I' Il give you a lift if you like.如果你喜歡我可以帶你一程。
109.I' d like to help if I can.如果我能的話,我願意幫忙。
110.Would you please...?請你.....?
111.Could you do me a favor?你能幫我一個忙嗎?Making Appointments 預約
112.What time is convenient for you?你什麼時候方便?
113.What' s the best place to meet?見面的最佳地點是什麼?
114.What about Saturday evening?星期六晚上怎麼樣?
115.Would tomorrow morning suit you?明天早上適合你嗎?
116.May I expect you at five?我五點鐘等你好嗎?
117.I was wondering if you d like to go to a movie with me.我想知道你是否願意和我一起去看電影。
118.I m going to see the film with a group of my friends.Would you like to join us?我將和一組我的朋友一起去看電影。你想加入我們嗎?
119.I' m afraid I won' t be able to see you today.恐怕我今天不能見你了。
120.I m awfully sorry that I have to postpone my appointment with the dentist on Saturday.我很抱歉,我不得不推遲我與牙醫的預約星期六。
121.Something urgent happened.I d like to change our appointment to the day after tomorrow.發生了一些緊急的事。我想將我們的約會改到後天。
122.I really want to, but I have got hundreds of things to do.我真的很想,但我 有很多事要做。
123.Count me in if you are to meet on Sunday.如果你在星期日見面,我就把我算 上。
124.Glad you could make it.真高興你趕回來Making Telephone Calls 打電話
125.May I speak to...?我可以和..說話嗎?
126.Speaking.講話
127.Is Roger there?羅傑在嗎?
128.Yes,speaking.說。
129.Hi, my hands are tied.I' II get back to you in a minute.你好,我很忙,稍後 我會回復你。
130.Can I call back?Something has come up.我能回電話嗎,發生了什麼?
131.Can I have your name and telephone number?我能有你的名字和電話號碼 品?
132.I have to take your number and call you back.我只能留下你的電話,稍後回復 你。
133.Can you connect me with...?你能幫我聯繫..?
134.I' m afraid you' ve got the wrong number.恐怕你的號碼是錯的。
135.Can we continue this later?My other line is ringing.我們可不可以晚點在繼 續,我的另一個電話響了。
136.Hang on a second/a moment.稍等一下
137.Wouldyou like to hold?請稍候
138.Hold the line,please.請不要掛斷
139.He's not here right now.他現在不在這裡。
140.He's in a meeting now.他現在正在開會。
141.He s out on his lunch break right now.Would you like to leave a message?他現在的午餐休息時間了。你想留個口信嗎?
142.He' s not available now.Can I take a message?他現在不在。我可以帶一個資訊嗎?
- When he comes back, can you have him call me at 55561212?當他回來的時候,你可以讓他給55561212打個電話嗎?
144.May I leave a message?我可以留個口信嗎?
145. Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab a pen and paper.當然,稍等一下,我去拿紙筆。
146.Can you put Daisy back on again? I forgot to tell her something.黛西回來了嗎?我忘記告訴她一些事。
147.Sure.I'Il go and get her.當然我會去給她。
148.Long-distance call from...來自...的長途電話。
149.Should I tell him you Il call back, or do you want him to call you?我應該告訴他你會打電話給他,還是想讓他打電話給你?
- If you leave your name and number,I Il have him call you back as soon as he' s available.如果你留下姓名和電話號碼,我會讓他儘快給你打電話。
151.Have you got the telephone directory? Can you help me get MMr.Li s telephone number?你有電話簿嗎?你能幫我弄到李先生的電話號碼嗎?
152.John is on another line now.Can you hold on?約翰在接聽別的電話,請稍等。
Having Meals 吃飯
153. Could you show us the menu?你能給我們看看菜單嗎?
154.Would you like to see the menu?你想看菜單嗎?
155.Are you ready to order?你準備好點菜了嗎?
156.What do you recommend?你有什麼建議?
157.Which do you prefer?你更喜歡哪一種?
158.How would you like that prepared/done?你準備怎麼做?
159.What would you like to drink,tea or coffee?你想喝什麼,茶還是咖啡?
160.I prefer noodles to rice.我更喜歡麵條。
161.I prefer to drink coffee without sugar.我寧願喝咖啡而不加糖。
162.What is your favorite...?你最喜歡的...是什麼?
163.What about having western food today?今天吃西餐怎麼樣?
164.Let' s grab something to eat! 讓我們吃點東西吃!
165.It is very delicious, but I can' t eat any more.它非常美味,但我不能再吃了。
166.We will go Dutch.我們將去荷蘭
167.Tonight's on me.今晚我請
168.I' ll take care of the bill/check.我負責結賬。
169.Would I have the bill?可以給我賬單嗎?
170.We' d like the bill,please.請把賬單給我
171.Bring me the bill/check,please.請把賬單給我 Seeing the Doctor 看醫生
172.What' s the matter?怎麼了
173.What' s the trouble with you?你有什麼煩惱?
174.What seems to be the trouble?您遇到什麼麻煩了嗎
175.I don' t feel like eating.我不想吃飯。
176.How long have you been like this?你像這樣多久了?
177.I' ve been sick for a day.我病了一天。
178.It hurts me when I breathe.一呼吸就難受
179.I feel feverish.我覺得發燒。
180.I' d like torun some tests.我應該做些檢查/測試。
181.I' d like to take a blood sample.我想取血樣。
182.Have you had this problem before?你以前有過這個問題嗎?
183.How's your blood pressure?你的血壓是多少?
184.Give up smoking and keep on taking more exercises.戒菸並繼續鍛鍊身體。
185.I m going to write a prescription.我要寫一個處方。
186.What sort of medicine do you take?你吃什麼藥?
187.Take the medicine,and you' Il be better.吃藥,你會更好。
188.Take these pills every four hours.每四個小時吃這些藥。
189.He is up and about now.他現在已到了。
Shopping 購物
190.May/Can I help you?我能幫你做點什麼?
191.Are you looking for something particular?你在找什麼特別的東西嗎?
192.We have a clearance sale today.今天我們有一個減價出售。
193.The price will go down.價格將下跌。
194.I heard other stores were having great mark-downs on this item.我聽說其他商店在這一項目上有很大的降價。
195.Please try it on.請嘗試一下。
196.I' ve seen this cheaper in other places.我在其他地方看到了這種便宜。
197.Could you bring the price down?你能把價格降下來嗎?
198.That is a steal.這是盜竊
199.I' d buy this if it were cheaper.如果是更便宜的話,我會買這個。
200.It' s a little overpriced.有點貴。
201.Do you know what size you are?你知道自己穿多大號嗎?
202.I' m afraid we' re out of that item.恐怕我們已經不在那了。
203.I' m afraid we don' t have it in stock.恐怕我們沒有存貨了。
204.Where is the men' s shop?男人的店在哪裡?
205.Do you have this in stock?你有存貨嗎?
206.Do you have this in blue?你有藍色的嗎?
207.How are you going to pay?Cash,check or charge.你準備怎麼付款?現金,支票或費用。
208.How will you pay for this?你將如何支付?
209.Cash back?現金?
210.What a deal!多合算
211.Bring your receipt to the customer service, and they will refund you.把你的收據帶到客戶服務,他們會給你退款。
212.Can you give me the invoice?你能給我發票嗎?
Asking the Way 問路
213.Excuse me,can you tell me the way to..?打擾一下,你能告訴我去.....的路嗎?
214.Could you tell me where I can find a hospital?你能告訴我哪能找到醫院品?
215. Sorry to trouble you, but can you direct me out of this building?對不起打擾你了,但你能指引我走出這座大樓嗎?
216.Which direction is it to...?......的方向是什麼?
217.Excuse me,is this the right way to...?打擾一下,這是......的正確方法嗎?
218.Tell me,please,where is No.27 on this street?請問在這條街上的27號在哪?
219.Excuse me,how can I get to...?對不起,我怎麼去...?
220.Excuse me,does this bus go to..?打擾一下,這輛公共汽車去......?
221.How long does it take to walk there?步行到那裡需要多長時間?
222.How can | find...?我怎麼找到...?
Talking About Weather 談論天氣
223.Have you heard the weather forecast?你聽到天氣預報了嗎?
224.What does the weather forecast say?天氣預報說什麼?
225.We' ll have fine weather for the next few days.我們將在未來幾天有好天氣。
226.What will it beafter the clear weather?晴天以後天氣會怎樣?
227.It says a storm may come soon.它說暴風雨可能會很快到來。
228.How long will this hot weather last?這種炎熱的天氣會持續多久?
229.I hope it stays nice for the whole month.我希望整個月都很好。
230.It's wonderful after the rain.美妙的雨後。
231.Autumn is the best season here.秋天是最好的季節。
232.It' s hot like oven now in this part of the country.這是這個國家的部分地區現在熱如火爐了。
233.The weather is terribly changeable at this time of the year.在這一年的這個時候,天氣是非常多變的。
234.We don t know what s going to be tomorrow until we listen to the latest weather report.我們不知道明天會是什麼,直到我們聽最新的天氣預報。
235.It has turned out to be a nice day.這又是一個美好的一天。
236.It seems to be clearing up.似乎要放晴了。
Advice and Suggestions 建議
237.IfI were you,I' d phone him nowv.如果我是你,我會打電話給他。
238.What do you think I should do?你認為我該做什麼?
239.I advise you to see a doctor.我建議你去看醫生。
240.I would try again if I were you.如果我是你,我會再試一次。
241.You' d better go through your test paper again.你最好把考卷再看一遍。
242.Should we go now?我們現在走嗎?
243.What do you think I should do?你認為我該做什麼?
244.Why don' t you go to bed earlier?你為什麼不早點睡覺?
245.Don t you think it might be a good idea to have a picnic this weekend? 你不認為這個週末去野餐是個好主意嗎?
246.How about going to a concert?去聽音樂會怎麼樣?
247.I don' t think it is very practical.我不認為這是非常實用的。
248.I recommend you to give up smoking.我建議你戒菸。
249.May I suggest leaving a message with his secretary?我建議你給他秘書留個口信好嗎?
250.Isn' t there anything else I could do?還有什麼我可以做的嗎?
Showing Attitude 顯示態度
251.It's cool!/Cool.很酷!/冷。
252.It is neat! 挺巧妙的
253.It is righteous!這是公正的!
254.That's great! 太棒了!
255.That' s incredible!簡直難以置信!
256.The house is gorgeous! 這房子很漂亮!
257.You are brilliant/great/terrific/..!你是燦爛的/偉大的/了不起的/..!
258.It is a terrific game.這是一場精彩的比賽。
259.I am sick and tired of doing homework.我厭倦了做家庭作業。
260.The movie was a turn-off.這部電影讓我倒盡胃口!
261.You scared me! 你嚇到我了!
262.That' s so stupid!太愚蠢了!
263.It' s a piece of cake.這是一件容易的事。
264.No ifs,or buts.沒有如果,或者但是。
Expressing Anger 表達憤怒
265.What do you think you are doing?你們以為你們在幹什麼?
266.I simply can' t bear to see her behavior.我簡直不能忍受她的行為。
267.I' m very annoyed at..我很惱火...
268.I' m fed up with...我受夠了...
269.That' s what gets me down.太讓我失望了
270.I will not put up with...我再也受不了...
271.It makes me sick the way he laughs/speaks...他說話/笑的...讓我惡心。
272.You' re getting on my nerves.你真讓我心煩。
273.I' ve had enough of you.我已經受夠你了。
274.Who do you think you are?你認為你是誰?
275.It makes me sick!它讓我惡心!
276.I' ve had enough of your...我受夠你..
Expressing Disappointment 表達失望
277.I' d expect it to be more exciting.我希望它更令人興奮。
278.It wasn' t as good as I' d expected.這不是我所期望的那樣好。
279.Her performance could have been better.她可以有更好的表現。
280.I don' t think much of the painting/story...我不認為大部分的原因是...
281.I was really looking forward to having a good time there.我真的很期待在那裡過的很愉快。
282.That' s a real let down.這真叫人失望。
283.I must say I had hoped for twelve percent discount at least.我必須說這在我希望的基礎上打了折扣。
284.I must admit I had expected you to tell me the truth.我必須承認我曾期待你告訴我真相。
285.I wish l' d realized it.我希望我會實現它。
286.The story wasn' tup to much.這個故事並不怎麼樣。
287.I' ve never felt so let down before.我從未感到如此失望過。
Expressing Complaint 表達抱怨
288. I want to make a complaint about...我要投訴...
289.What' s the point of talking about it?談論它的意義是什麼?
290.I' ve just had enough of that! 我已經受夠了!
291.She is all talking.她一直再說。
292.Couldn t you speak a bit slowly/turn down the radio a little bit?你能不能說得慢一點/把收音機關小聲點嗎?
293.I wish you would come here earlier next time.我希望你能早點來這兒。
294.You should have seen the mess.你應該看到一團糟。
Expressing Sympathy 表達同情
295.I' m sorry to hear about it.我很抱歉聽到這個。
296.You must be feeling bad/terrible/awful about...你一定感覺不好/糟糕透了...
297.Don' t take it too much to heart.別往心裡去。
298.Don' t let it get you down.不要讓你失望。
299.It' s no use crying over spilt milk.那是無益的。
300.It could have happened to anybody.這種事情誰都會遇到。
301.You can' t wvin them all the time.你不可能贏下所有的時間。
302.You must be annoyed about...你一定很生氣...
303.I am deeply sorry to learn/hear about...我很抱歉聽到有關的消息..
304.I do hope it' s nothing serious.我真的希望它沒有什麼嚴重的。
305.What bad luck!運氣真差!
306.Is there any way I can help?有什麼我可以幫忙的嗎?
Expressing Encouragement 表達鼓勵
307.Come on,be a man!來吧,做個男人!
308.That' s better than I can do.這比我能做的好。
309.I believe you can improve it.我相信你可以提高它。
310.I think you should go ahead.我想你應該走了。
311.If at first you don t succeed,try,try,and try again.如果一開始你沒有成功,嘗試,嘗試,再嘗試。
312.You have my whole-hearted support.我全心全意支持你
313.There is no reason to feel discouraged.沒有必要感到灰心
314.The longest road must have an end.最長的道路必須有一個終點。
315.Keep hupー畫著
316.I' Il be always there for you! 我將永遠在你身邊!
Making a Request提出要求
317.I was wondering whether you could...我想知道你是否能...
318.May I trouble you to(do)...?我可以麻煩你(做)...?
319.May I have the pleasure of...?我能有......的樂趣嗎?
320.Do you mind if I..?你介意我...嗎?
321.I' d appreciate it if you could help me with...如果你能幫我的話,我會很感激…
322.Do you think it would be possible to(do)...你認為這是有可能的(做)...
323.Would you be so kind as to…?請您高抬貴手,讓我們…..
324.It would help me a great deal if you..?他可以幫助很多,如果你...
325.I' d be feeling grateful to you if you...?如果你..我會感到感激?
Expressing Surprise 表達驚奇
326.My goodness!我的天!
327.That' s incredible!這是令人難以置信的!
328.What a surprise!真是意外
329.I can' t believe my eyes.我不敢相信我的眼睛。
330.Wow! What a beautiful lake!哇!多麼美麗的湖!
331.Good heavens!天哪!
332.How astonishing/amazing!多麼驚人的!
333.Who knows?God knowsl誰知道?天曉得!
334.It's too good to be true!真的太好了!
335.Who could have thought/expected it! 誰能想到!
Expressing Certainty or Uncertainty 表達確定性或不確定性
336.Are you sure about..?你確定關於..?
337.Is there any doubt about..?對....有什麼懷疑嗎?
338.I am sure about...我確定關於...
339.I am absolutely positive about...我絕對肯定...
340.I have no doubt about...我對此毫不懷疑
341.I' m quite convinced of...我完全相信...
342.There is little doubt in my mind about...在我的腦海裡有一點疑問...
343.There is no question about...毫無疑問的...
344.I' m a hundred percent certain about...我百分之一百確定...
345.I really can' t tell about..我真的說不出...
346.I have no idea about...我不知道...
347.There is surely some doubt about...肯定有一些疑問...
348.It' s not likely that...這是不可能的...
349.It' s hard to say.很難說。
350.It' s obvious that...很明顯...
351.I' m certain/sure that...我肯定/肯定...
352.I couldn' t say for certain,but I suspect that...我不能肯定地說,但我懷疑..
Agreeing and Disagreeing 同意和不同意
353.Sure./Absolutely.當然,/絕對。
354.You got it.我就是這個意思。
355.By all means.盡一切辦法。
356.That' s true/right.這是正確的。
357.That' s for sure.毫無疑問的。
358.I couldn' t agree with you more.我非常同意你的看法。
359.I don' t think so.我不這麼認為。
360.That' s not right.那不是正確的。
361.I couldn' t disagree with you more.我非常不同意你的看法。
362.That' s out of the question.這是不可能的。
363.You' ve got it all wrong.你完全搞錯了。
364.I don' t think you' ve got your facts straight.我不認為你澄清事實。
365.Next time get the facts first.下次先把事實搞清楚。
366.Don' t jump to conclusions.不要急於下結論。